What are swim spas? A swim spa is part lap pool, part hot tub that has the fitness and recreational benefits of both that you can enjoy right in your backyard. Its hybrid nature offers custom jets for hydromassage as well as aquatic resistance training, including swimming, running, and other exercises.
If you can’t decide between a hot tub or lap pool, have a small yard or deck space, or a limited budget, a swim spa hot tub might be the perfect choice for you. It’s the ultimate wellness package steps away from your morning coffee or before bedtime. Read on to learn about why a swim spa might be right for you.
What are the key features and benefits of a swim spa?
The heat and water of a swim spa work together to make your body feel weightless and relaxed, decreasing impact, which makes working out easy on your joints and muscles. You will also enjoy increased flexibility and mobility during your fitness routine, leading to fewer injuries.
Hydrotherapy, the use of heat and water for pain relief and treatment, has long been used to improve health. A swim spa jacuzzi combo has seriously impressive benefits, including disease prevention, weight loss, soothed joints, and faster post-injury recovery. Regular use can:
- Improve sleep
- Ease muscle tension
- Reduce stress
- Lose or maintain weight
- Boost post-injury recovery
- Sooth arthritis and fibromyalgia pain
- Treat symptoms of Parkinson’s and other neuromuscular conditions
All swim spa types are great for family fun! Whether relaxing in the ergonomic seats enjoying a full-body massage while catching up with friends or playing water games with your kids, entertaining is easy in a swim spa.
Space-efficient and elegant
Swim spa lap pools take up very little room compared to an in-ground or above-ground pool and are quite stylish with contemporary exteriors with atmospheric LED lighting. This makes them the perfect focal point for back yards, decks, and patios. You can even place spa pools indoors.
Unlike traditional pools, swim spas can be used during all seasons. What temperature is a swim spa? The heat can be adjusted for ideal lap swimming and hydrotherapy, going as high as 99 degrees to keep your family warm even as the snow falls.
A swim spa tub can be installed in just a few hours and be ready for use within the day, while pools can take months and experience endless delays. They are also portable if you decide to move.
With a swim spa, you’ll spend more time enjoying it than taking care of it. A swim spa with a hot tub is much easier to keep clean than a regular pool, requiring just a quick weekly check, monthly cleaning, and much less chlorine and fewer chemicals.
Less expensive than a traditional pool
While in-ground pools can far exceed $60,000, a quality swim spa can be as low as $28,000, with upgrades available to create your dream swim spa and hot tub combo. Water bills and energy costs to keep it toasty are also much lower due to the smaller size and insulated covers.
If you’ve ever wondered what an Endless swim spa is, you’ve come to the right place. There are many swim spa brands and manufacturers, but Endless Pools™ models are industry leaders and come with different levels of aquatic fitness without sacrificing family entertainment. They are also available in a variety of sizes and prices to fit your space, needs, and budget.
- RecSport® Recreation Systems offer aquatic fun and fitness at an affordable price. With jets for swimming and hydromassage and generous recreation space, this model provides the ideal balance between workout and play.
- SwimCross® Exercise Systems combine a jetted no-turbulence resistance current with smart features to deliver a complete fitness program with exceptional value. The current’s five speeds allow the whole family to meet their wellness goals with rowing, resistance exercise, swimming, and relaxing hydrotherapy.
- Endless Pools® Fitness Systems feature the smooth, fully adjustable Endless Pools swim current for all skill levels, including the serious fitness enthusiast. You can upgrade this premium model with an Underwater Treadmill to turn your Endless Pools Fitness System into a complete home gym.
You can take your water workout a step further with additional swim spa features that can be purchased separately and used with all swim spa models to optimize your fitness goals and enhance your workout.
- Aqua bike for underwater cycling
- Row bar kit with resistance gear for strength training
- Swim tether to anchor beginners or anyone wanting to perfect their form
- Underwater mirror to monitor form
- Bluetooth® Sound System to play music or stream audio
- Wi-Fi modules and mobile apps to control swim spa settings, including temperature, lights, and jets
Are you ready to explore your swim spa options? Let’s find one that’s right for you→