The Three R’s of Owning a Hot Tub – Rest, Relaxation and Romance
You’ve probably heard a lot about the benefits of hot tubs. But can a spa actually help improve your personal life? Let’s take a look at how a hot tub can help in the areas of rest, relaxation and romance.
Relaxation – After physical work, such as gardening or a big workout at the gym, you might be achy or sore. A great solution for that is to soothe your body in a hot tub. The hot water will dilate your blood vessels, allowing you to recover faster by improving blood circulation throughout your body. Since the buoyant qualities of the water will reduce pressure on your body, your muscles will relax and you’ll feel better faster. You may also want to soak as quickly as possible after you’ve exercised so the warm water can get right to work soothing your body.
Rest – Unfortunately, more Americans are working harder, and sleeping less than ever before. Sometimes it can be difficult to find a way to relax after a long day of work. Soaking in a hot tub is fast, easy, will help you “de-stress” and give you an overall feeling of relief.
How do you get the most relaxation out of a hot tub?
• Set aside the same time every day: This gives you something to look forward to.
• Create a soothing environment: Use music and lighting to encourage a mood that is conducive to restful thoughts.
Hot tubs also have been proven to help provide deeper, more restful sleep, so a nice soak before bedtime almost guarantees you’ll get the rest you want and deserve.
Romance – Spending quality time with your significant other can be difficult these days. A hot tub gives you a warm, bubbly reason to be together regularly. By spending time in a hot tub together, you become “re-acquainted” with your loved one on a regular basis which builds a deeper and closer relationship. Imagine the benefits of leaving your worries (and your phones) behind for a little while so you can connect one-on-one with each other.
Can you really improve your relationship by soaking in a hot tub? Here are a few of the benefits…
• No distractions: You will have each other’s undivided attention, since you cannot bring work or laundry into a hot tub. The only thing to do while you’re soaking is to concentrate on each other.
• Mood diffusion: It’s easier to talk when you are relaxed. As you soak in the hot water, you will be more receptive to your partner’s opinions and thoughts, as he or she will be to you. You can even save talks about important things for this private time, when you are both going to be more relaxed.
• Dedicated time: Taking time to relax with your partner regularly creates a feeling of love and togetherness.
So go ahead, take advantage of the three “R’s” (Relaxation, Rest, and Romance) by owning your own hot tub.