Why Hot Spring Spas
Leading the industry in energy-efficiency
A spa provides a powerful combination of massage and hot water. We strive to do these things better with one-of-a-kind massage, innovative water care systems, and features that keep water hot and operating costs low. Plus, you can count on our decades of experience and our unparalleled customer care for the Absolute Best Hot Tub Ownership Experience®.
Hot Spring® Spas leads the industry in design, engineering, and manufacturing of energy-efficient hot tubs. With Hot Spring Spas’ Energy Smart® system, each spa is built with a combination of energy-efficient features that simultaneously provide you with lower operating costs and the best value over time.
Estimate your monthly operating costs
The Energy Smart Spa
- Totally insulating every Highlife Collection model with multiple layers of high density, polyurethane foam that’s also used to insulate commercial freezers
- Using the innovative FiberCor™ insulation in the Limelight Collection models, which fills the cabinet completely to a density that is 4 times greater than the ½ lb. foam used on most spas
- Manufacturing all spa covers to ensure a custom-fit and tight seal to lock in warm air, and have a dense foam core with a high R-value for insulation
- Continuously circulating spa water with the SilentFlo 5000® circulation pump that uses less energy than a 40-watt light bulb
- Featuring the powerful WaveMaster® jet pumps dedicated to powering the jets and are only activated when you need them
- Featuring the SmartJet® system that lets you direct power only to the jets you choose, for less horsepower and energy
- Designing our own heaters to maximize the transfer of heat to the water for maximum efficiency
- Featuring our patented pump shroud that transfers heat from the equipment compartment to the water to utilize pump exhaust heat, minimizing water cooling and energy consumption
- Featuring dimmer-controlled LED lights that use less energy than a standard light bulb in all models
We Set The Standard
Hot Spring Spas has certified all models to the California Energy Commission (CEC) in accordance with California law. With California setting the standard for energy-efficient hot tubs, you can have peace of mind knowing that your spa is designed to keep operating costs low no matter where you live.
Hot Spring Spas received the ENVY Award for energy-efficient hot tub design in 2008.
Each Hot Spring Spa owner’s operating cost is different. Determining your cost depends on which model you own, the temperature you set, your frequency of use, the mean ambient temperature and the cost of electricity where you live. By using this energy calculator, you can get a better idea of what your monthly cost may be. Based on third-party testing, the calculator works by presenting actual documented energy consumption for the specific Hot Spring spa in heavy use.
- Monthly Energy Cost = Kilowatt Hours x Rate per Kilowatt Hour
- Temp = Approximate Annual Mean Ambient Temperature in Degrees Fahrenheit
- kWh = Approximate Average Kilowatt Hours per Month to Operate Spa*
- Rate = Approximate Average Rate Charged per Kilowatt Hour in Dollars**
- Cost = Approximate Average Monthly Energy Cost to Operate Spa*
* Based on a spa set at 102°F used 6 times per week, 15 minutes with the jets on, 15 minutes with the jets off during each use. Testing conducted by an independent third party certified laboratory in a Controlled Environmental Chamber at multiple ambient temperatures using continuous Data Acquisition monitoring of watts, temperature and humidity, with all equipment rigorously calibrated to ensure data accuracy. Testing conducted on representative large, medium and small spa models, with energy values for other models extrapolated from original data. Individual energy consumption will vary depending on water set temperature, actual consumer usage patterns, and actual environmental ambient conditions.
** Based on rate quoted by the local utility company in February 2011. Rates are subject to change – check with your local electricity provider for the current rate in your area.
*** In Canadian dollars.
We design our spas for the very best massage experience. Our innovative, patented jets are designed for specific muscle groups and deliver powerful streams of water that you can customize to your desired pressure. Plus, our SmartJet® system reduces energy costs by using only as much power as you really need.
The Moto-Massage® DX jet has revolutionized hydrotherapy. This unique moving jet delivers two powerful streams of warm water that sweep up and down the length of your back. This one-of-a-kind back massage is only available from Hot Spring and is included on select models.
Enjoy a Variety of Jets
The unique jet features twelve ports that disperse a strong, broad stream of water that gently relieves tension in your shoulders and upper back.
One of our most powerful jets, the Jetstream jet produces a stream of water strong enough to provide soothing relief to aching feet and release tension in your back.
Rotary Hydromassage Jet
These rotating jets create a powerful stream of moving water, providing a deep massage that relieves tension in targeted areas.
Our goal is to develop the most efficient spas possible. We have created a complete Energy Smart® system that reduces energy consumption to save you money. You can have peace of mind that your Hot Spring spa will be hot and ready for you, without costly energy bills.
Super Energy Efficient
Highlife Collection spas are considered super energy efficient because of advanced Energy Smart features that you cannot find anywhere else.
Highlife and Limelight Collection spas feature the SilentFlo 5000® circulation pump, which quietly and continuously circulates spa water using less energy than a 40-watt light bulb.
Limelight Collection and Hot Spot spas feature FiberCor insulation, which fully insulates the spa cabinet to a density 4X greater than typical ½ lb. foam.
Cleaner Water Made Easy
Crystal clear water is central to a great hot tub experience. We are also committed to making spa ownership as easy as possible. The Hot Spring water care and filtration systems provide exclusive features that help our hot tub owners enjoy sparkling clean water, with as little effort as possible.